Friday, May 27, 2011

power of the wasatch

So I heard a co-worker talking about how they were embarrassed of some activity they were ashamed of doing. It was probably the Quill and Sword, because I pictured them in a cape and wielding a sword. That image looked really familiar.

But then I remembered that I was in the Cougar Marching Band. I wasn't just a member of the Cougar Marching Band. I was a tuba player in the Cougar Marching Band. Woof, right? (but it's not like I was in the color guard or anything. Embarrassing.)

But after being out of marching band for a year, I kinda miss doing this:


Maybe it's because I've been playing in the marching band since I was this old:


That's a four year distance between photos (and 30 lbs. in tuba). Also. I wish I had taken that leopard tuba pad with me forever.

But my kids are going to love making fun of these pictures. And I can't wait. 

I additionally cannot wait for Ben to build this:


Can you even imagine?




No comments:

Post a Comment